Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hey! It's Jodie White

Greetings!

I am enjoying the energy and vibe our class is having these first few days. It seems we all, or most of us wanted to take a CCC that would actually be helpful and cover interesting topics. My reasoning for taking this class is because, though I am only a small portion, I am a member of the Blackfoot Tribe. And the saddest part is that I don't know much about them and their cultures.

I am senior music education major who will be graduating at the end of this semester. My primary instrument is the French Horn, but I am also proficient on all instruments as I will be a music teacher at some point. My heart lies in my playing my instrument and trying to be the very best I can be each time I sit down to play. My favorite setting to perform music in is in a pit orchestra or hopefully one day, in an orchestra for movie music. I also have a strong passion for repairing and cleaning instruments. I opened my own business 2 years ago and have had much success in terms of connections with professional technicians and performers around the states.

My time at Fredonia is best described as a unique roller coaster. Many changes have occurred since beginning in 2013. I am looking forward to this semester because of all of the people still here, my recital in April, and the new places I will be heading after this semester comes to a close.

No comments:

Post a Comment