Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Hi - I am Alex Deering






I am Alex Deering and this is my first semester back at Fredonia, in pursuit of my second Baccalaureate, in English Adolescence Education. I already have a BA from Fredonia in management, and a Master's degree from Canisius in Administration. The past five years I have spent working as a golf professional and instructor near Philadelphia, PA, although I grew up around Fredonia.

The reason I chose to come back to Fredonia is to try and get custody of my two young children from their, chemically dependent and mentally ill mother, -- the oldest, Kali (3) is pictured above. The issue has been ongoing and has made my other career nearly impossible; but has also made me realize where my true niche in society is; - working with our youth. In my job as a golf professional, the large junior clinics and even the individual instruction for young students seemed to resonate the most with myself and my students.

I enjoy reading more now than I did when I was in high school. I have always enjoyed writing and being critical of other writing. Aside from teaching, reading, writing and my custody battle, I like sports, most music (not country), exercising, and the occasional binge-worthy show. - Who am I kidding? I always enjoy a binge-worthy show, not occasionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment